Every moment of life is worth a celebration. If you have not celebrated life and its precious moments, it is time to do so...

Monday, July 23, 2012

Parks, Pandora, and Play Dough




 I got to spend the weekend with this kid. Hudson Troy Barlow (Hudsel is what he prefers). He is the funniest person and my best friend. We spent most of our Saturday afternoon at the discovery park, and man was it hot! But we had a great time.


The album release is getting closer and closer. This pandora station is running at least 12 hours a day and in my dreams I listen to it too.


Yesterday was the perfect sunday. I was babysitting both my cousins while their parents were on vacation so I took them to my parents ward. I never realized how much I missed the sound of crying kids and the coughing elderly. Singles wards are too quiet with too many cell phones. After church and dinner we made home made play dough and it was the life of the party. Super simple and super fun.

Colored Playdough
Materials
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup salt
  • 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
  • Food coloring
  • Saucepan
  • 1 cup flour
Directions
  1. Combine water, oil, salt, cream of tartar, and food coloring in a saucepan and heat until warm.
  2. Remove from heat and add flour.
  3. Stir, then knead until smooth. The cream of tartar makes this dough last 6 months or longer, so resist the temptation to omit this ingredient if you don't have it on hand.
  4. Store this dough in an airtight container or a Ziploc freezer bag.


My family has discovered photo booth on my mac. oh help me...




3 comments:

  1. Oh I miss the 5th ward a lot. You are adorable and I positively love your blog!

    ReplyDelete